CHAPTER 21 – WISCONSIN UNIFORM DWELLING CODE ( pdf version )
The town board of the Town of Hull, Portage County, does ordain as follows:
Purpose of Ordinance: To address issues of public safety and to assure conformity with the requirements of the Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code.Section 21.01 Purposes Adoption of Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code
1) To exercise jurisdiction over the construction and inspection of new one and two family dwellings, detached garages and pole buildings.
2) To provide plan review and on-site inspections performed by persons or agencies certified by the Department of Industry, Labor and Human Relations (DILHR).
3) To establish and collect fees to defray costs.
4) To provide remedies and penalties for violations.Section 21.02 Wisconsin Uniform Dwelling Code Adopted
Chapter Ind 22, Wisconsin Administrative Code, as adopted and effective December 1, 1978, and Chapters Ind 20, 21, 23, 24 and 25 as adopted and effective June 1, 1980, and all amendments thereto, are adopted and incorporated by reference.Section 21.03 Building Code Department
1) The Town Building Code Department shall be created by the Town Board. The administrative authority shall be a state certified building inspector so designated by the appointing authority.
2) The Town Board shall be the appointing authority.Section 21.04 Building Inspector
There is hereby created the position of Town Building Inspector, who shall administer and enforce this ordinance, and who shall be certified by DILHR as specified by Wisconsin Statutes, Section 101.66(2). This appointment shall be made by the Town Board.
21.05 Building Permit Required
No person shall build or cause to be built any one or two family dwelling, a detached garage or pole building without first obtaining a state uniform building permit for the dwelling. The building permit shall be furnished by the Town Building Inspector. A copy of the issued permit shall be filed with the Town Building Code Department.Section 21.06 Building Permit Fee
The building permit fee shall be determined by the Town Board.Section 21.07 Penalties
The Board shall provide for the enforcement of the ordinance and all other laws relating to buildings by means of the withholding of building permits, imposition of forfeitures and injunctive action. (As provided for in Wisconsin Statutes, Section 62.23(9).)
If any section, subsection, sentence, clause, phrase, provision or portion of this ordinance or Wisconsin Administrative Code Chapters Ind 20, 21,22,23,24 and 25 is adjudged invalid or unconstitutional by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby.Section 21.09 Effective Date
This ordinance shall be effective upon passage and publication as provided by law.
Adopted: May 21, 1980
Effective: June 1, 1980
Revised: July 11, 2005
Published: July 14, 2005
For the Town of Hull: ________________________
John Holdridge, Chairperson
Janet Wolle, Clerk